On my Mac, Safari keeps crashing every time I try to enter any internet address. What's up? I can't use the computer like this!
I would have thought you were making this up except for the fact that I saw it happen on your computer.
Every time you entered anything in your URL bar Safari just went away, crashed, gone. And it's really hard to use your computer like that.
It turns out a little research found the answer and it's really simple.
All you have to do is clear your history and your Safari cache and it solved the problem. Below are the steps to do that and steps to do manually. That is if you can;t start Safari. You can to the operating system and remove those files manually.
It's a simple process and it fixed the problem.
1. Clear cache and history. If that doesn't work:
2. Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder
3. Type or copy paste the following: "~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db"
4. Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.
Try Safari. If it crashes again...
1. Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder
2. Type or copy paste the following: "~/Library/Safari/History.plist"
3. Click Go then move the History.plist file to the Trash.