Not every computer will see this pop-up. But for those of you that do get the message and you do not want to see the pop-up here is how you disable it.
One way is to uninstall the update that was downloaded for Windows 10. There is a link on our website to do this. http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-stop-windows-10-upgrade-downloading-your-system
- Open up Windows Update and click on View update history.
- Click on Installed Updates.
- In the search box in the upper right corner type in kb3035583. If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.
- Click on the KB3035583 entry in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it. Click Yes to remove it.
The other way is to use the registry editor and make some easy changes. We have the details to do this on our website as well.
Both of these solutions may be more than what you may want to tackle but you could ask a more technical friend to help you.
It looks like Microsoft's offer to upgrade to Windows 10 will end July 29, 2016. So think about doing this as well. Remember to backup your system before doing the update.
Modify your registry: Do the following:
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx
- Create a new REG_DWORD registry value called: DisableGwx
- Give it a value of: 1