I am paying over $20 per month for AOL email. Is this fair?
Don't pay AOL email it is free now, but you need to ask in many cases to get the billing to stop.
AOL has been free for a long time. It is sad that AOL doesn't tell people this. If you want to stop paying them $20+ per month do the following.
Follow the steps below to learn how to change your AOL account to a free AOL account.
1. Click My Services | Subscriptions to access your account information.
2. Click Manage next to your subscription.
3. Click Change Plan.
4. Review the confirmation page. It will offer you the option of changing to a lower-priced plan rather than canceling your account. If you'd like to proceed with changing your account to a free AOL account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Cancel My Billing.
5. Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu and then click Cancel My Billing.
6. Verify that you can still use the account but will not be billed.
You will no longer be billed. You can easily change to a more modern email system. We did a tip recently showing you how to do this and copy all your email, calendar, contacts, and even links from the AOL browser.
Look on our blog for TIP # 1951 at blog.techtipguys.com.